Just two weeks ago many of you gathered in Chicago with us for the annual Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo and it was an amazing week. I wanted to use this space to share with you some of the highlights from the event and since there were so many I decided to pick my top 5.
1. Orest Burdiak, Principal Interior Designer with Department of Veterans Affairs, was presented the Founders Award by Wayne Ruga. The VA has a very long history of supporting the Symposium and Orest has kept that partnership alive and well. I know this meant a lot to him and it was a great joy for me to see him recognized.
2. After the craziness of the raffle died down and we counted the money, I was excited to report that we are donating more than $15,000 to the Cure it Foundation. This is our best single donation to date and it is thanks to the raffle committee and all of the folks who bought raffle tickets to support this great cause!
3. It was so gratifying to see the Technology Pavilion built and folks congregating around it for a totally immersive experience. For over two years our advisory board has been talking about how we could bring a hands-on demonstration of technology impacting healthcare to the event. A huge shout out to the sponsors who made that happen.
4. Marc Sauvé closed out the event with his presentation, Renaissance of America's Healthcare System; Realities, Roles and Responsibilities. Marc is always one of our best presenters but he had some new things to talk about this year and left the audience thinking & talking.
5. We added two attendee lounges this year – the Connections Corner and Recharge Lounge. It was amazing to see the groups of folks who would gather in each of these spots. I saw old friends catching up and new contacts getting to know each other. There were speakers, attendees and exhibitors visiting every time I went by. And that is what the Symposium is all about!!
Of course the wheels are already churning for next year. But in the meantime don’t forget our webinar series where you can get the same great education offered each year at the Symposium right at your desk! Be sure to check out the upcoming ones at http://hcarefacilities.com/webinar.asp
Vice President, Symposium Director
Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo
PS Have a thought about the Symposium? Please feel free to contact me at any time at email@example.com.